We are blessed with a beautiful four-acre campus, which is a designated wildlife habitat. The property includes several spaces for personal reflection and community gathering. These spaces are available for church and community use.
Gardens and Meditation Spaces
Outdoor spaces and gardens are available for personal use at all times. See Reservations and Rentals for group reservations.
- Community Garden: Located just north of the Cottage, the Community Garden provides a source of fresh local produce and colorful flowers. It offers a popular summertime activity for church members and friends, as well as families in the surrounding neighborhood. New plots were added as part of our Green Sanctuary program. Contact Susan Pratt at pratt8460(at)gmail.com to reserve a plot.
- Labyrinth: A seven-circuit, handicap-accessible labyrinth (one of only four permanent outdoor labyrinths in Central Indiana) is located south of the Cottage. A labyrinth is an ancient symbol that combines the imagery of the circle and the spiral into a meandering, but purposeful journey to our center and back again out into the world. Labyrinths have long been used as meditation and prayer tools. Read these tips on Walking the Labyrinth .
- Remembrance Garden: Located near the entrance of the meeting house, the remembrance garden provides a peaceful place for contemplation.
- Peace Garden: Dedicated in 2008, the Peace Garden (located north of the Cottage) features comfortable benches and perennial plantings surrounding a peace pole at the center. The garden offers a quiet space to reflect on both the diversity and unity of humanity.
- Spacious Grounds: The campus includes beautiful trees, large grassy expanses, and benches and tree trunks that make great spots for gathering and communing with nature.
Both church functions and external groups must reserve space. See Reservations and Rentals.
- Meeting House: Our worship service and large events are held here. The building includes a kitchen, Social Hall, and Sanctuary, which seats 300 (auditorium style) and includes a Kawai piano and sound system.
- Religious Education Building: Located just south of the Meeting House, this red-brick building (the original Orchard Country Day School), houses the office of the Religious Educator, five meeting rooms, and most of the religious education programs. The Independence Academy uses the site daily Monday through Friday.
- Commons: Located just south of the Religious Education building, this facility houses one large meeting room and kitchen.
- Cottage: Located on the east side of the parking lot, the Cottage houses three meeting rooms and the offices of the minister, office manager, and director of music.
Reservations for use of buildings and grounds may be by the hour or day, short-term or long-term. Our facilities are ideal for weddings, concerts and recitals, group retreats/meetings, workshops and lectures, and more.
Building and grounds availability can be checked on the Church Calendar.
For reservations and rental information, please contact the Gary Houdek at 317-255-7119.
Volunteers are needed! Please consider joining one of the many work groups that comprise the Buildings & Grounds Team.