Community Beacon Fund
Our congregation dedicates 1% of its annual budget to the Community Beacon Fund (CBF) which supports:
- Consciousness-raising for the church and Unitarian Universalism.
- Church members’ vision as a community beacon.
- Social justice and human needs in the community.
The CBF is designed to support community projects which meet the CBF’s criteria by providing “seed money” with the intent that supported projects will become self-sustaining in the community.
Our mission is to promote community-based projects which further social justice, primarily in the Indianapolis area, by addressing human needs, promoting consciousness raising for UUI and Unitarian Universalism, and promoting UUI’s vision as a community beacon.
The Beacon Fund has supported the following, among many others:
- The Mid-North Shepherd Center, which provides meals, fellowship and services to Indianapolis’ senior population.
- The “Giving Tree” holiday outreach to needy families, organized by the Social Justice Committee.
- A performance of “The Vagina Monologues” at UUI with proceeds donated to V-Day International and the Indiana Transgender Rights Advocacy Alliance.
Download the Beacon Fund Application (2011) to learn more about the mission and vision of the Community Beacon Fund.
Share the Plate Program
Through our Share the Plate Program, 50% of the undesignated Sunday offering is given to a community organization each month.
Guest at Your Table
UUI annually participates in this worldwide program to support human rights and social justice around the world. For more info, visit Unitarian Universalist Service Committee.