Consistent with our Unitarian Universalist heritage, we have long supported and been actively involved in helping to ensure that all people are valued and treated with dignity and respect in our society regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, family status, national origin, ethnicity, religious beliefs, or socioeconomic status, among others. We have been at the forefront of fighting discrimination and unfair treatment wherever it is found as well as fighting laws and policies that threaten our health, civil liberties, and the environment.
Social Justice Committee
Our Social Justice Committee seeks to promote equality, justice, and compassion in the local community and the world through education, advocacy, and activism.
Activities have included:
- hosting a social justice workshop for district youth,
- co-sponsoring a peace meditation with the Heartland Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis,
- raising funds for CROP Walk for Hunger,
- sponsoring a production of “The Vagina Monologues”,
- marching in the Indianapolis Pride Parade and
- hosting a community conversation with environmental activist Julia Butterfly Hill and Seane Corn, a yoga instructor working with YouthAids.