We're doing Religious Education at UUI in a new way this year!
We need volunteers to guide our children through their religious exploration during our Fall Session (September through November).
Every Sunday, in the Preschool, K-1 Class and 2-3 Class we will have a Heart Guide and a Learning Guide in the classroom.
Heart Guides and Learning Guides are asked to commit to being in the classroom 2 Sundays a month for 3 months.
Lead Joys and Sorrows
Lead Chalice Lighting
- Lead Altar Table Set Up
- Lead Class Closing
- Get to know the kids in the class
- Learn about this age group
- Training will be provided for all of the above!
- Lead Songs (recorded songs will be provided to sing along with)
- Assist with projects
- Participate in the Social Hall Mailbox Program (materials provided)
- Receive a detailed lesson plan for each class
- Direct the approximately 1-hour class
- Read the story/play the video
- Lead the discussion
- Lead projects
- Learn about this age group (training provided)
Game Guides and Social Justice Guides will be in the classroom for the portion of the class time they are needed. In some classes there won't be games or social justice activities or field trips so guides won't be in the classrooms on those days.
Game Guides and Social Justice Guides are asked to commit to 2 Sundays a month, as needed, for 3 months.
- Gather materials for games from DLRE's office
- Learn rules of games
- Run games in Preschool, K-1 and 2-3 classrooms during RE classes
- Choose games for this age group for 1-2 Second Sundays between September and May, gather the supplies and run the games from 12:30 to 1:15.
Social Justice Guides
- Plan social justice activities and field trips for children and youth of various ages.
Religious Exploration Guides are asked to commit to 1-2 Sundays a month for 3 months.
Religious Exploration Guide
Help make sure the RE program runs smoothly on Sunday mornings by checking in on the classrooms and nursery, helping with set up and clean up, etc.
Art Guides are asked to commit to prepare art projects for 2 Sundays a month, as needed, for 3 months.
- Help DLRE choose the craft to go with the lessons for Preschool, K-1, 2-3 classes
- Gather and package the supplies for each class from DLRE's office
- Make samples of each of the crafts
- Display some crafts from some classes in the Social Hall on the bulletin board
- Choose art project for this age group for 1-2 Second Sundays during the 3-month session (Fall, Winter or Spring), gather the supplies and run the craft table from 12:30 to 1:15.