Pathway to Membership
- Attend our “Knowing UU and UUI” classes to better understand our faith and this congregation
- Dates and registration are available at the Welcome Table in the Social Hall and in the monthly newsletter, the UUEye.
- After learning more about our faith and congregation, we ask that you examine your values and determine whether you can commit yourself to the work of this congregation.
- Receive the packet PATHWAY TO MEMBERSHIP from the Welcome Table in the Social Hall. This will give you information about this journey.
- Sunday morning: We gather together as a community and connect with one another by sharing the common experience offered by Sunday services throughout the year. An important aspect of membership is active participation in the larger congregation.
- Small groups: Find a small group that feeds your soul: social justice, children’s religious education, adult education, knitters, and choir, to name just a few.
- All active members are required to make a financial pledge to the congregation according to their means. Our primary source of support comes from our members who make financial gifts to the congregation. By pledging, you are demonstrating your commitment to the programs and activities of your congregation.
- You will be adding your signature and sharing your pride of membership with every person who has joined UUI since the founding in 1989.
- Our congregation holds a welcoming ceremony for new members during our Sunday services several times each year. This is an opportunity for members of the congregation to welcome you to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis.
- Participate in congregational activities
- Make a pledge of financial support
- Complete an Interest Survey
- This is also in your Pathway to Membership Packet. Please share with us your interests and your gifts so others can ask if you would like to participate in a project or activity.
- Sign the membership book.